Oh, yes, and let's not forget Murphy's Law, he hates me ya know, and I didn't even do anything!!! :) Haha! (Don't ask me where I found the time to find this out) but here are some things I found about Murphy's Law, and other "truisms" (because Mr. Murphy is a real intereference in my life to say the least!) He comes by EVERY day and has seriously worn out his welcome!!! You ever feel that way? From kids, to computers and printers, well, just about anything techy in my world, to the so always convenient modes of transportation for the quadsters (have you seen that thing attatched to the back of my van?), to the TC weather and esp. the wind, thanks again, wind, for dumping my receiver into the POND!., to running into screen doors, yea, it was embarrassing, the list goes on and on and on.....Oh, but Mr. Murphy you forget, I have a great family, a great nanny, Ruth (again, thanks always to Perfect Blend), and a great deal of love-based sarcasm to help me deal with it all!!!
For the Guys:
1. Never make anything simple and efficient when a way can be found to make it more complex.
2. If it doesn't fit, use a bigger hammer.
3. A dropped tool will land where it can do the most damage.
4. After something has been assembled, extra components will be found on the bench.
5. Any wire cut to length, will be too short.
6. Meksimen's Law: There is never time to do it right, but always time to do it over.
7. It works better if you plug it in.
8. Jones' Law: The man who can smile when things go wrong, has thought of someone or something he can blame it on.
9. Allen's Axiom: When all else fails, read the directions.... see below...
I'm teaching the boys early ....(note, they have all read the directions except one...the big one with the drill)
Then, they can enjoy the fruits of their labor & lesson learned!
Mia already knows all that :) Such a smart girl!
For the Ladies: So, of course, these are totally obvious because I'm sure they happen to you as much as they do to me, well, almost anyways :), but it just makes you want to say "AMEN" after some of these....I'm just sayin'.... :)
1. Nothing is as easy as it looks.
2. E-v-e-r-y-thing takes longer than you think.
3. Given the most inappropriate time for something to go wrong, that's when it will occur.
4. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
5. If in any problem you find yourself doing an immense amount of work,
the answer can be obtained by simple inspection.
6. In any human endeavor, once you have exhausted all possibilities and failed, there will be one solution, simple, obvious, and highly visible to everyone else.
7. Preudhomme's Law of Window Cleaning: "It's on the other side."
8. Hurewitz's Memory Principle: "The chance of forgetting something is directly proportional to...to...."???
9. Laura's Law: "No child throws up in the bathroom"
10. Anything that happens enough times to irritate you, will happen at least once more.
11. When you have a mess in your home; it is for sure you will have an unannounced visit.
So, the only thing "good" I found about Murphy's Law is :
In Murphy's Law, "if anything can go wrong, it will", is true, then Murphy's Law itself can go wrong and then things can sometimes go right.
Nice to know!
Patrick and I did Bloomsday with our friends and had a BLAST!!! I will have pics and more details soon!!! You've got to try that sometime! Thanks to our peeps who watched the kids for the weekend!!!
Congratulations to my niece Brandy and her husband Brian to their new addition to the family, lil' Ketch!!! Love his name!!!
Friends w/Skillzzzz: My good friends at "the Hair Chateau", moved to a new location and are using some new products that are awesome and a new Smoothing and Straightening System by Pravana with no horrid chemicals like some, for all you wavy and curly-headed mamas, so you definitely have to check that out! I will be putting out a post on that to give out details on the stylists that work there, their prices, and pics probably by next week. Also, I want to share with you those who may be looking, my guru of organization, Karen Egbert and her Preschool Stars with you. I think I mentioned this before, Karen runs a preschool out of her home and she is AMAZING! I will have more details on that as well. So, you who are entering the exciting time of preschool, (exciting that you actually get a couple hours to yourself a couple times a week !) you have to check her out. I will have her schedule, pricing, and contact info too.
The Homefront: Other fun things I am hoping to share on the blog is our hopeful journey of getting our house on the market to sell and where in the world we will be after that! I jokingly say we will homeless with five kids but, the closer it gets to putting our house on the market, the more of a joke it does not become! So any of you locals who know of rental properties, please let us know! So, when it comes to house stuff, anything home, decorating, organization (which is a skill I have yet to master, lol), all of that stuff, I LOVE and so I am super excited to venture down the road of maybe building a house or whatever comes our way, if all works out, and sharing some awesome websites and blogs that I have found that are SOO awesome for ideas!
The Family: Doing great (even amidst Mr. Murphy) haha! The biting has taken a break, thank goodness! The Q's are really starting to interact with each other, talking their own languages (I was so excited for that time!), and they love the outdoors!!! Ha, as much as we can take them out in this weather! Isn't it supposed to be almost June? Mav is almost out of school and ready for summer... and Patrick, aww,well just as handsome as ever, if I do say so myself :) xoxo
The Puppies: Ready for homes now!!! They are sooo stinkin' cute!!! I'm totally in love with one I've named Curly, but I can't!!! We are giving them away not selling them, just hoping they find good homes and it's a great time of year to get a family pet!!! Here are some pics of them with the kiddos! SERIOUSLY, help us out, lol, we absolutely CANNOT keep these pups (geez, could you even imagine???) , so if you are interested, PLEASE, email or call or fb and let me know!!!